Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gearing up!

Yesterday I got my guidebook in the mail! http://www.shop.coloradotrail.org/Official-CT-Guidebook-8th-Edition-GUIDE8.htm. I am excited to crack it open and get the real planning started. It's like a thick and glossy smut novel for hikers ;)
Today I got a new pack in the mail!(A belated birthday present to myself) Although I am not sure that I will use it on my hike, I can get all my gear, food (4days-ish) and water (2L) in it! It's a sleek little Osprey Talon 33 and I love it <3. My fear is that if I end up having to take on some of my pooch's load, it'll be too small. I know for sure that I do not want to use my Jansport Klamath 68. While I used it for most of my AT thru-hike, it was just too big. I always had lots of space left over in it, even with the brain off.
This is probably my favorite part of planning, I love geeking out on gear. I know that I shouldn't buy all new gear, but it's oh-so tempting! I want to buy a new tent because from what I have read, hammocking is a pain (sorry Hennessy Hammock - you will be missed!) and my lovely pup ate the zipper off my 2-man tent. I am looking at the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1 person tent, but I'm not ready to settle on it yet. Oh the options!

No comments:

Post a Comment